Glen Keith was one of the rare distilleries to be built in the 20th century. It was built by the Chivas Brothers in 1957 on the site of a former mill. In 1960, three stills were installed, with two more being added in 1970 and a sixth in 1983. When it first began, Glen Keith produced a triple-distilled malt - a relatively rare practice for a Highland malt. But in the 1970s, it adopted the more conventional method of double distillation. Glen Keith is also commercialised under two other names, Glenisla and Craigduff, from independent bottlers Signatory Vintage and Gordon & MacPhail.