The history of the Movia winery dates back to the beginning of the 17th century, and is connected to Dobrovo, a Slovenian village in the Brda hills just four kilometres from the Italian border. The property was purchased by the Kristancic family in 1820. Despite the wave of nationalizations that swept through the region, creating wine cooperatives, Movia, whose vineyard extended over both sides of the Slovenian-Italian border, has remained the only private property in the area and enjoys an excellent reputation. Mirko and Ales cultivate their vines and vinify their wines according to biodynamic principles.
Get notified when a product of this category is back in stock