PULTENEY 12 ans 2008 COLLECTIVE 4.0 43%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Highlands, 70cl, Ref: 58008
Founded in 1826, the Old Pulteney distillery was completely rebuilt in 1958. One year later, its malting floors were closed. Alternating between short (50 hours) and long (110 hours) fermentations, it produces a rich and complex single malt. Constantly returning to its work for both flavours and aromas, this version overflows with all the ingredients that built the renown of this gem from the north of Scotland. Which is to say, salinity at every moment, an oily and unctuous texture bordering on richness, a subtle combination of fruity and herbaceous sequences, and of course an innate reflex to constantly return the focus to malted barley.
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Pulteney / Old Pulteney
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands
- Merchant : La Maison Du Whisky
- Line : Collective
- Bottling :
- Strength : 43%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2008 Vintage
- Age : 12 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Case
- SKU : 58008
- Appearance : burnished gold.
- Nose : rich, concentrated. The eminently salty first nose wonderfully expresses Pulteney’s “coastal” character. Allowed to breathe, candied fruits (apple, pear) and citrus fruits (lemon, orange) gradually return to the surface of the aromatic palette. Then, walnut, almond, curry and salted butter caramel highlight the wonderful influence of the sherry, notably evoking the softness and oily character of a manzanilla. Also worth noting is the presence of superb herbaceous and malted notes (moss, tobacco).
- Palate : mineral, full of energy. Carrying on perfectly from the nose, the attack focuses on aromatic plants (sage, verbena), as barley grains literally spread across the palate. The extremely harmonious mid-palate is divinely salty. Lingering, dried apple and candied pear bring lots of smoothness to a palette of flavours that becomes increasingly tangy (lemon zest, grapefruit).
- Overall : long, invigorating. The resolutely marine finish also bursts with spices (star anise, pepper, ginger, nutmeg). Gradually, subtle milky (coconut) and vanilla notes gently develop the very end of the palate towards a more malty and at the same time deliciously woody (reed, rush) register. On the retro-nasal olfaction, a gentle marine breeze takes us to the seaside. The empty glass emphasizes spices (cinnamon, saffron).
- The brand
Artist, Lands of Scotland, Malt Pedigree, Tartan, The Ten, Very Cloudy... all of these whisky ranges – composed of single malts and single grains – have one thing in common: they were all created by the team at La Maison du Whisky. They are the fruits of many decades of close collaboration with some of the most prestigious bottlers in Scotland. For some years the French importer and exclusive distributor of the classic ranges of well-known spirits producers, La Maison du Whisky was soon granted the very rare privilege of being able to complement these ranges with their own, bringing together two sets of expertise, two reputations and two complementary histories under one, single label.
The lineSince the dawn of time, artist collectives have been a place of exchange, inspiration and creativity. In the same way, each of the single malts found in our Artist Collective range draws the richness of their olfactory and gustatory palettes from the marriage of various casks. Devoted to diversity, every region and every style of Scottish single malt, peated and unpeated, are represented. Within this range we also find 43%, 48%, 57.1% (100 proof) and cask-strength bottlings. To illustrate the labels of the six bottlings in our first collection, La Maison du Whisky has called on contemporary artists from very different backgrounds. Each of them brings their own very personal touch that echoes the richness of the single malts selected!
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.00