- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Grain
- Brand / Distillery : North British
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength : 50%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1991 Vintage
- Age : 20 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 13651D
- Appearance : dorée à reflets verts.
- Nose : vif, aérien. Il est marqué par la vanille et la céréale. Il évolue sur des notes citronnées et herbacées (gentiane). Evoque un bonbon à l'orange finement sucré.
- Palate : élégante, précise. Son attaque est également citronnée. Elle se développe sur plus de rondeur avec notamment des notes de fruits mûrs (poire, prune).
- Overall : boisée/vanillée. La céréale laisse la place à la praline. Prolongement sur les zest d'agrumes (pamplemousse) et sur des notes mentholées et de bois précieux (cèdre).
- The brand
The North British grain distillery was founded in 1885 by three important names in the world of blended scotch at the time: Andrew Usher, William Sanderson and John M Crabbie. The aim was to join forces in order to compete against DCL, a structure created in 1877 that brought together a huge number of distilleries, whose production it controlled. The mission for North British was to supply all of the grain whisky required for the growth of various blends, such as Usher’s Whisky and Vat 69. The distillery remained independent until 1993 when it joined the Diageo group.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90