All about making whisky
MOSSTOWIE 31 ans 1979
Single Malt, Scotland / Speyside, 70cl, Ref: 13648B
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Mosstowie /
- Country / Region : Scotland / Speyside
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1979 Vintage
- Age : 31 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 13648B
- Appearance : or vif.
- Nose : ample, riche. Il est marqué par les fruits exotiques (ananas), le pain grillé et les fleurs capiteuses (giroflée, chèvrefeuille). Il évolue sur les épices (cumin, muscade).
- Palate : ronde, douce. Les notes de miel se combinent parfaitement avec la badiane. Elle se développe sur la vanille et les agrumes (orange, citron).
- Overall : longue. Agréable amertume de l'orge maltée. Notes de terre humide et de fleurs des champs.
- The brand
In 1964, the Miltonduff distillery installed a pair of Lomond-style stills which it used to produce a single malt called Mosstowie up until 1981. This “ephemeral” single malt never had an official bottling. Only a handful of casks, scattered here and there, are still available, most notably from Gordon & MacPhail and Signatory Vintage. A malt that is more than rare!
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!