MORTLACH 12 ans 1996 D.Laing 46%
Single Malt, Scotland / Speyside, 70cl, Ref: 14819
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Mortlach
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Douglas Laing
- Line : Premier Barrel
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength : 46%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1996 Vintage
- Age : 12 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Wooden Gift Box
- SKU : 14819
- Appearance : jaune doré intense.
- Nose : fin, élégant. Tous les ingrédients de Mortlach: fruits mûrs, épices douces, vanille et une légère trace de tourbe et de réglisse.
- Palate : ronde, gourmande. Les fruits mûrs se précisent (poire, pomme, prune), les épices aussi (cardamome, coriandre).
- Overall : longue, tendre. Les noix et les raisin secs témoignent d'une évolution vers plus de sécheresse. Richesse et onctuosité en quelque sorte!
- The brand
Founded in 1823, Mortlach is allegedly built on the site of a former illicit distillery. It was one of the rare distilleries allowed to produce alcohol during the second world war, right up until 1944. Using partial triple distillation and a traditional “worm tube” condensation system – also used by Talisker and Edradour – Mortlach produces a very delicate distillate. As is the case with many of the distilleries owned by the Diageo group, very few official bottlings of the malt exist outside of the Flora & Fauna and Rare Malts ranges released in the 1990s.
Established in Glasgow in 1948 by Fred Douglas Laing, the Douglas Lang company has, in recent years, made numerous changes to its structure. Fred Laing’s movement to the head of the company has contributed towards the business’s sound reputation. Known throughout the industry for the quality and variety of its cask selection (Douglas Laing still has casks from the most prestigious distilleries: Glenfarclas, Talisker, Ardbeg, etc.), the company has expanded its already rich range that includes historic selections such as Double Barrel, Premier Barrel and Director’s Cut, with two new collections guaranteed to please connoisseurs: Single Minded and Old Particular.
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.00