All about making whisky
LINKWOOD 21 ans 1989 First Fill Sherry
Single Malt, Scotland / Speyside, 70cl, Ref: 16144
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Linkwood
- Country / Region : Scotland / Speyside
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Exclusive Bottling
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1989 Vintage
- Age : 21 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 16144
AwardsMalt Maniacs Awards 2011 - médaille d'argent
- Appearance : cuivre rouge.
- Nose : empyreumatique, ample. Evoque une confiture d’orange épicée (gingembre, clou de girofle). Il évolue sur les arachides (cacahuètes), le sésame et les fruits secs (noix, pruneau).
- Palate : riche, huileuse. Son caractère rancio (cerise à l’eau de vie, abricot) est rehaussé d’une pointe de fumée. Elle s’ouvre sur la noix et le chocolat. Note balsamique (eucalyptus).
- Overall : pulpeuse. Finement boisée, elle est marquée par les agrumes (orange), les fruits rouges (fraise) et le cuir. Elle se développe sur les fleurs (lilas mauve), les épices et le camphre.
- The brand
Founded in 1821, Linkwood did not begin producing whisky until 1825. Located in Speyside, it remained in the hands of the Brown family until the end of the 1960s when it was destroyed, before being rebuilt in 1872. Following in the footsteps of many other distilleries, it fell into the hands of the Scottish Malt Distillers company in 1933 and played an active role in the development of numerous blends, including Johnnie Walker, White Horse, Haig and Bell’s. The majority of the existing single malt expressions from this distillery are produced by independent bottlers including Signatory Vintage and Gordon & MacPhail, who offer a variety of bottlings matured in sherry casks. An official bottling was introduced at the end of the 1990s: The Flora & Fauna Linkwood 12 Year Old, alongside a handful of other versions for the Rare Malts range.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
We recommend to you
A great Islay classic for lovers of peaty, iodized whiskies. An unmissable malt. Old gold with glints of green; the full-bodied bouquet is...€47.00