LEDAIG 11 ans 2005 LMDW Cellar Book Hua Yang 63,6%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Highlands-mull, 70cl, Ref: 54012
Distilled on 29 September 2005, this bottling selected for the Spirits Shop Selection stages a chameleon peat that is in turn vegetal, liquorice, earthy, lemony, lush, farmyard and maritime. Viscerally island-esque and constantly swept by a sea breeze, through its changing tides it invites us to breathe in deep lungfuls of extremely bracing iodine aromas. This is accompanied by a rousing trek in the surrounding countryside with an incredibly rustic aromatic and gustatory palette, before returning to the banks of Tobermory.
Profile: the deep initial nose reveals a vegetal peat and intense smoke. Brimming with sea spray and salt, once allowed to breathe it becomes more fruity (pineapple, pear) and at the same time more earthy and spicy. The taut attack is peaty and lush (sage). The mid-palate adds floral (dandelion) and chocolate notes. The well-balanced finish reveals a farmyard (straw, barnyard) and maritime (smoked fish) register. The empty glass is very peaty (sleet, fuel).
Single Cask no. 900106 – ex Bourbon
Exclusive to LMDW
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Ledaig / Tobermory
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands - Mull
- Merchant : Hua Yang
- Line : Spirit Shop' Selection
- Bottling :
- Strength : 63,6%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2005 Vintage
- Age : 11 Yo
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Packaging : No
- SKU : 54012
- Appearance : vibrant gold.
- Nose : full-bodied and deep. Whilst allowing full expression of a wide variety of fruit (pineapple, pear, lemon, apple), a vegetal peat and intense smoke take over an initial nose that also brims with sea spray and salt. Allowed to breathe, the peat becomes liquorice and more earthy. In the background, recalling the seafront, waves of black pepper, ginger and curry wash up on the banks of a grainy and sandy aromatic palette.
- Palate : taut, lively. First, a lemon and lush peat (thyme, sage) traces a line straight through the gustatory palette. The mid-palate then gradually gives way to spice (clove, star anise), the same fruits found on the nose, wildflowers (dandelion) and dark chocolate. It lingers with mixed notes of verbena and coconut milk. An increasingly thick smoke now floods the palate.
- Overall : long, balanced. This time the peat has taken on farmyard allures. Straw and barnyard aromas fill the air. Over time, it becomes maritime (kelp, iodine, smoked fish). Then the chromatic palate invites us to admire layers of stunning yellows and greens. The retro-nasal olfaction is roasted (coffee, tobacco) and fruity (pear, pineapple). With its notes of sleet and fuel, the empty glass is very peaty, empyreumatic, spicy (ginger) and lush (gentian).
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90