LAPHROAIG 18 ans 2001 The Little Big Book S.V
59,3%, Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Islay, 70cL, Ref : 56773
Fewer than 10 available items
Today, 20% of the barley used by the distillery is still malted and dried on-site at up to 40-60 ppm phenols. The remaining 80% comes from the Port Ellen maltings, at 35-45 ppm phenols. Full of inspiration, in just a fraction of a second, this bottling takes us to Laphroaig to breathe in the particularly invigorating s...See more
CB, Bank transfer, Paypal, ...
Do you like this LAPHROAIG?
See more items fromLAPHROAIG
Stay informed about the latest products
LAPHROAIG is a brand imported and distributed in France by LMDWSee more
Nose : clean, complex. On the first nose, traces of rubber, intense smoke and gentian root dig furrows into an anthracite-coloured peat. Allowed to breathe, this peat becomes more oily and medicinal (band-aid, merbromin), salty and even hot (cayenne). Gradually, the gamy character takes over (smoked fish and bacon). At the same time, the aromatic palette is undeniably jaunty, spring-like and bright.
Palate : powerful, lively. On the attack, blocks of chocolatey peat roll across the palate. Immediately after, iodine tincture and mustard seed bring lots of vitality. The mid-palate is a subtle mixture of herbaceous (hay, malted barley), fruity (pear, Golden Delicious) and vanilla sequences. At the end of the palate, a subtle liqueur of acacia honey and roasted pineapple unctuously floods the entire palette of flavours.
Overall : long, generous. In archetypal Laphroaig style, the start of the finish is peaty/chocolatey, fruity, iodine and phenolic (hydrocarbon, sleet). Rooted in its terroir (gentian, ginger), in a mineral-rich soil. A handful of dried fruits (almond, walnut) and citrus fruits (lemon, grapefruit) dominate the very dynamic end of the palate. On the retro-nasal olfaction, coconut milk, ash and aromatic plants (sage, verbena) stand out for their intensity. The empty glass is vegetal (Havana cigar) and chocolatey.
No review published on this product for the moment
Reviews subject to control