LAPHROAIG 15 ans 1995 Carafe S.V 59,4%
Single Malt, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 16307A
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Laphroaig
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength : 59,4%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1995 Vintage
- Age : 15 Yo
- Peated : Peated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 16307A
- Appearance : jaune doré intense.
- Nose : riche, capiteux. L racine de gentiane précède de peu la tourbe, les cendres et le camphre. Il devient de plus en plus marin.
- Palate : concentrée, intense. La fumée est rassasiante, les épices fortes (girofle, muscade). Le camphre est toujours de la partie.
- Overall : longue, tendue. La chair des fruits mûrs (pomme, pêche) et d'autres fruits exotiques (ananas, banane) accompagnent jusqu'à la rétro-olfaction.
- The brand
Due to its phenolic character, Laphroaig is well-known among amateurs. It’s no surprise then that the distillery owns its own peat bog, capable of guaranteeing the supply of peat for the next 4,000 years. Laphroaig will never lose its character nor, consequently, its fans and its critics – since such a peaty malt cannot be loved unanimously – even its water, drawn from the Loch Kilbride spring, is filtered through peat! Find out more
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90