Archive JURA 16 YEAR OLD


Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Highlands-jura, 70cl, Ref: 8702

The name of this 16 year old whisky says it all. It is the favourite dram of Jura’s inhabitants - the Diurachs - whose strong personality is reflected in the malt right up until the last drop.Maturation is divided into two parts: 90% is matured for 16 years in white American oak and the remaining 10% is matured for the same period in oloroso sherry casks.

Read more


  • Fruity
  • Woody
  • Floral
  • Iodized
  • Spicy
  • Unpeated

Definitely unavailable

  • Free delivery

    from €130

  • Protected package

    ultra-resistant packaging

  • Secure Paiement

    Credit Card, bank transfer, Paypal,...
- from €130 in France
- from €250 in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Italy, Britain
SSL Secure Paiement

Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website and selected wine retail shops in France.


Product details


Gold medal, Beverage Testing Institute 2012 Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2013 Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2012 Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2011 Silver Medal, Inter

Tasting note

  • Appearance : gold with glints of copper.
  • Nose : delicately poised and rich, opening with sweet honeyed cereal, fruit, spice and a touch of ginger.
  • Palate : citrus fruit (orange, grapefruit) emerge alongside soft floral notes and the return of honeyed cereal.
  • Overall : sweet and rounded, the brings walnut, aniseed, coffee and marzipan.
The brand

The brand

Hours away from the Scottish mainland, miles away from ‘ordinary’; Jura might not be the easiest place to make whisky, but we believe it’s the best. One road, one pub and one distillery - and home to a determined community spirit. Free from distractions, we focus entirely on one thing – making the very best single malt whisky we can.This focus has now led us to a new place. A place reflective of our past, present and future where we can reveal a different side of our character. Signifying the start of a new chapter in our rich story, we have created a new signature style for Jura Single Malt Whisky, a style reminiscent of our past but with a firm eye on the future. An Island future shaped and supported with every step we take. The whisky itself sees a subtle smokiness brought together with a sweetness to create our new defining character. This sees us, for the first time, marry together the classic styles of Highland and Island malts, and unify these in one remarkable whisky.

Back to top
View the trust certificate
  • For further information on the nature of the review controls, as well as the possibility of contacting the author of the review please consult our GCU.
  • No inducements have been provided for these reviews.
  • Reviews are published and kept for a period of five years.
  • Reviews can not be modified: If a customer wishes to modify their review then they can do so by contacting Verified Reviews directly to remove the existing review and publish an amended one.
  • The reasons for deletion of reviews are available here.

4.5 /5

Based on 4 customer reviews

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sort reviews by:

Anonymous published 11/12/2019 following an order made on 29/11/2019


Je voulais le déguster depuis assez longtemps ce Jura 16 ans. Contrairement au 10 ans Origin, remarquable car assez complexe pour un 10 ans, je trouve ce 16 ans un peu... frustrant. En effet, il s'agit d'un whisky très boisé, assez agréable mais finalement assez doux et léger, manquant du fruit que l'on est en droit d'attendre d'un 16 ans. Un bon whisky, mais pas dans les meilleurs.

Was this review helpful? Yes 0 No 0

Anonymous published 06/12/2019 following an order made on 29/11/2019


Bon rapport qualité prix

Was this review helpful? Yes 0 No 0

Anonymous published 06/12/2019 following an order made on 29/11/2019


Bon rapport qualité prix

Was this review helpful? Yes 0 No 0

Anonymous published 27/08/2019 following an order made on 18/08/2019


Protection au top, le plastique isole bien le carton des chocs.

Was this review helpful? Yes 0 No 0


Please wait...

Product added to your shopping cart !
Recommandations for you
Continue shopping View cart & checkout
Continue shopping
View cart & checkout