All about making whisky
HIGHLAND PARK 26 ans 1990 LMDW Cellar Book 45%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Highlands-orkney, 70cl, Ref: 53980
Perfectly in keeping with Highland Park tradition, this bottling aged in the warehouses of Signatory Vintage gets straight to the point. With power, richness and extraordinary confidence, it has all the qualities that helped build the reputation of this single malt - now considered one of the most complete in Scotland. Peaty, floral, fruity, spicy and covered in a veil of smoke, it shows both a depth and generous spirit that also get straight to the point. You’ll find no half-measures here.
Profile: the rich initial nose reveals rooty peat, heady florals (lily), tobacco and fleur de sel. It develops into citrus fruit (grapefruit) and dried fruit (fig). A veil of smoke gradually covers the palate. The complex attack is smoky. It then returns to citrus fruit before becoming rancio (cherry liqueur). The precise finish reveals mentholated, liquorice and perfumed (vetiver) notes. Rich, it is also delicately peaty and hot. Single Cask no. 15705 – Sherry Cask Limited edition of 300 bottles Exclusive to LMDW
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Highland Park
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands-orkney
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Strength : 45%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1990 Vintage
- Age : 26 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 53980
- Appearance : topaz.
- Nose : intense, rich. A rooty peat (ginger, gentian) elegantly sketches the contours of a floral (violet, lily), roasted (tobacco, coffee) and salty aromatic palette. Allowed to breathe, it develops citrus fruit (lemon, grapefruit) and dried fruit (walnut, almond). Gradually, it is covered in a veil of smoke. Condiment notes (courgette, pickle).
- Palate : dense, complex. The fine acridity of the smoke initially floods the taste buds. The same citrus fruit and cocoa bean notes then arrive to keep it company. The mid-palate is very lightly rancio (cherry liqueur, over-ripe mango). Gradually, strong spices (clove, nutmeg) bring the end of the palate lots of power.
- Overall : clean, precise. Spearmint, eucalyptus, liquorice and vetiver fragrances give fresh nuance to a finish that also reveals rich notes of vanilla cake and custard tart. A delicate but oily peat livens up an end to the palate that maintains the same power for a long time. The retro-nasal olfaction is characterised by notes of star anise, candied apricot and heather honey. The empty glass is intensely herbaceous and hot (Cayenne, paprika).
- The brand
Highland Park owes its special character to two elements that are essential to the production of whisky: people and peat. The latter, used for the barley it malts on site, comes directly from its own peat bogs, which are composed almost exclusively of Calluna heather and its roots. When it comes to people, Highland Park is so proud of its roots that it was the last distillery, a century ago, to still use endemic Scottish barley for the production of its whisky. It even experimented with maturation in Scottish oak casks. Luckily that experiment was abandoned when they proved to be too resinous. Find out more
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumPERSONALISED DELIVERY SERVICE
To your home, a collection point or poste office.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges