HIGHLAND PARK 1990 Whisky Live Paris 2015 S.V 51,4%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Highlands-orkney, 70cl, Ref: 19964
Matured 24 years in sherry cask, this cask strength is peated and saline with heather and soft spices notes.
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Highland Park
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands - Orkney
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Strength : 51,4%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1990 Vintage
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 19964
- Appearance : bright gold
- Nose : full and lively. Peat and heather notes are significant to the center aromatic palette. All around, white flowers and fresh fruits (Muscat, William pear), combined with slight smoke and spice notes (black pepper, nutmeg). Oxidative character opens to a real olfactory pleasure.
- Palate : firm and tight. Similar to the nose, the palate is slightly peated and floral (lavender, lilac). Gradually, a liquorice and chocolate film excites the taste buds. The mid-palate is then slightly more generous while remaining honest and firm.
- Overall : long and full of sap. Malted barley regains its leader position; its mineral character is a testimony to the Scottish high and low lands covered by heather. Perfectly balanced, the retro-olfaction suggests a slightly smoky and saline peat.
- The brand
Highland Park owes its special character to two elements that are essential to the production of whisky: people and peat. The latter, used for the barley it malts on site, comes directly from its own peat bogs, which are composed almost exclusively of Calluna heather and its roots. When it comes to people, Highland Park is so proud of its roots that it was the last distillery, a century ago, to still use endemic Scottish barley for the production of its whisky. It even experimented with maturation in Scottish oak casks. Luckily that experiment was abandoned when they proved to be too resinous. Find out more
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€46.00