All about making whisky
HIGHLAND PARK 10 ans 1998
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands-orkney, 70cl, Ref: 14767
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Highland Park
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands-orkney
- Merchant : Gordon & Macphail
- Line : Gordon & Macphail Reserve
- Bottling :
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1998 Vintage
- Age : 10 Yo
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Gift box : Case
- SKU : 14767
- Appearance : or pâle.
- Nose : particulièrement séducteur. Sur la poire, le pruneau d’Agen, l’orange sanguine, les fruits exotiques (ananas) et la vanille bourbon. Évoque un rhum brun avec ses notes de clou de girofle. A l’aération il développe de fines notes cendrées, de bois brûlé, avec en arrière-plan un fond marin d’iode et de filet de pêche.
- Palate : l’attaque est douce. S’ensuit une explosion de fruits exotiques (passion) puis retour sur la poire. Elle s’ouvre sur des notes de beurre et de bacon grillée. Subtilement lardée.
- Overall : de belle longueur, elle se développe sur le chêne blanc, la crème, la noisette laiteuse et le caramel au beurre.
- The brand
Highland Park owes its special character to two elements that are essential to the production of whisky: people and peat. The latter, used for the barley it malts on site, comes directly from its own peat bogs, which are composed almost exclusively of Calluna heather and its roots. When it comes to people, Highland Park is so proud of its roots that it was the last distillery, a century ago, to still use endemic Scottish barley for the production of its whisky. It even experimented with maturation in Scottish oak casks. Luckily that experiment was abandoned when they proved to be too resinous. Find out more
This independent bottler is without a doubt one of the most highly acclaimed in Scotland. It stands out, not for its age (though it is the oldest independent bottler in Scotland), but for its complete mastery of cask ageing. Gordon & MacPhail is the only bottler to have its own casks - carefully chosen for the purpose - filled by the distilleries themselves, instead of simply buying the ones suggested to them by the latter. This allows it to determine, in advance and with great precision, exactly how many years a whisky will need to reach ideal maturation.
Located in the heart of Speyside, Gordon & MacPhail have excellent business relations with the region’s main distilleries. Each one has a specific label, originally associated with a semi-official release. Another label enables specialists such as La Maison du Whisky to bottle single casks in accordance with their specifications. Called simply Gordon & MacPhail Reserve, this range has now introduced a different colour label for each production region.
We recommend to you
A great Islay classic for lovers of peaty, iodized whiskies. An unmissable malt. Old gold with glints of green; the full-bodied bouquet is...€47.00