All about making whisky
HANYU 22 ans 1986
Single Malt, Japan / Honshu - Saitama, 70cl, Ref: 14959
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Hanyu
- Country / Region : Japan / Honshu - Saitama
- Merchant : Part Des Anges
- Line : Closed Distilleries
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1986 Vintage
- Age : 22 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Without Case
- SKU : 14959
- Appearance : or vif.
- Nose : fin, concentré. Les fruits mûrs, les agrumes et les épices douces (badiane, gingembre) sont enveloppés d’orge maltée. Particulièrement exotique, il évoque une corbeille de fruits (mangues, kiwis, ananas, fruits de la passion).
- Palate : complexe, suave. A l’instar du nez, les fruits, qu’ils soient exotiques, mûrs et mêmes secs, sont là à profusion. Plus épicée (poivre, girofle), mentholée, elle devient au fur et à mesure terreuse. La réglisse et la truffe lui procurent beaucoup de finesse.
- Overall : longue, ferme. Légèrement oxydative, la noix, le curry, la mirabelle et la pomme golden précèdent des notes de bâton de réglisse et de truffe blanche. Laiteuse, elle se prolonge sur le tabac frais et les épices (cannelle, coriandre).
- The brand
Hanyu was founded by the grandfather of Ichiro Akuto in the 1940s, near Tokyo. In 1980, with the aim of beginning single malt production at the distillery, two pot stills were bought and installed in the distillery, but as the Japanese did not yet have a taste for blends, in 2000 the distillery was closed and finally, in 2004, demolished. Its stock, after spending some years in a sake brewery in the north of Japan, was then bought by Ichiro who created his own brand, “Ichiro’s Malt”, in 2005. The hundred-odd casks that still remain can now be found at Chichibu and are bottled under different labels, including the famous “Card Series” range.
Founded in 2005 by Thierry Richard and Laurent Buob, this small retailer offers a selection of whiskies, champagnes and cognacs. Focused on drawing attention to small producers and unusual products, the different bottlings in the collection are never anything short of interesting. Whether it’s recently disgorged champagne, Grande Champagne cognac bottled without added colouring, or single grain whisky from a closed distillery, the informed amateur in search of rare and exceptional spirits will always find something to please them.
Through the Closed Distilleries range, the smaller French bottler, La Part des Anges (‘The Angel’s Share’) endeavours to bring new life to grain and malt distilleries that have ceased to operate. Forming a collection of some of the rarest bottlings, all of these various single malts and single grains - both Scottish and Japanese - proudly display a year and are mostly bottled unchillfiltered at cask strength.
We recommend to you
A great Islay classic for lovers of peaty, iodized whiskies. An unmissable malt. Old gold with glints of green; the full-bodied bouquet is...€47.00
With all the classic BenRiach characteristics, BenRiach batch 1 is the first Cask Strength expression to be added to the core range....€87.00