GLENCADAM 20 ans 1989 S.V 55,7%
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 70cl, Ref: 13207F
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Glencadam
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength : 55,7%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1989 Vintage
- Age : 20 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 13207F
- Appearance : or.
- Nose : fin et gourmand, il est d'abord marqué par la vanille et les fruits blancs. Sa force appelle un trait d'eau fraîche : il s'ouvre alors sur des notes finement boisées, épicées avec une touche de melon.
- Palate : puissante, elle attaque sur les agrumes (orange, pamplemousse blanc), avec des accents d'ananas dans le style Glencadam. Du fruit, du fruit et encore du fruit.
- Overall : longue, sur les fruits blancs du nez, très poire.
- The brand
Founded in 1825, Glencadam became the property of the Angus Dundee Distillers group in 2003. Its exceptionally fruity character is related to the shape of its stills whose lyne arms, instead of descending, are inclined slightly upwards, which increases the reflux of spirit vapours. Introduced in Europe at the beginning of 2009, its new range was presented at the prestigious World Whisky Awards as soon as it was released. And against all expectations, except those of its owners, the Glencadam 10 Year Old was awarded the highly-coveted title of “best single malt in its category” (single malt aged less than 12 years).
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90