GLEN ORD 1998 Very Cloudy
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 70cl, Ref: 13477
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Glen Ord
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1998 Vintage
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 13477
- Appearance : Jaune pâle à reflets verts.
- Nose : Riche et frais. Il est marqué par des notes végétales et la vanille. Il évolue sur la poire et l'ananas vert avec des pointes de tourbe et de fraise.
- Palate : Suave et gourmande. Elle évoque la réglisse et les épices avec des rappels de vanille et de tourbe. Elle évolue sur la réglisse, l'anis et les épices.
- Overall : Gourmande, elle se prolonge sur des notes de café au lait.
- The brand
In 2007, the Diageo group launched a new range of single malts under the generic name “The Singleton”. Owners of the Glen Ord distillery, a 12 year old version of its single malt was released on the Asian market, while Glendullan was launched in the USA, and Dufftown in Europe. This version of Glen Ord was then followed by two other releases in the 90s and at the beginning of the millennium. With a production capacity of five million litres of pure spirit every year, Glen Ord is one of the largest distilleries in Scotland. Its malt makes an essential contribution to the blends Johnnie Walker and Dewars.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables enthusiasts to enjoy the flavour of whisky that has not undergone chill filtering. Like cognac, armagnac and other fine spirits, most whiskies today are chill filtered. The whiskies in this range have an appearance and aromatic range that is much more faithful to the original products. Richer, oilier, more aromatic and distinctive, these whiskies are from single casks or are a blend of two or three casks at the most. They offer the ultimate authentic taste experience! Find out more
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€47.00