GLEN ELGIN 23 ans 1995 Elixir 53,1%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Speyside, 70cl, Ref: 57509
This 1995 vintage single malt was distilled at Glen Elgin and aged for over 23 years in a hogshead cask that yielded only 246 bottles. Exuberant and young on the nose, the whisky immediately takes you on a wild adventure from the sweet shop to the cooperages followed by the green fields of Speyside.
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Glen Elgin
- Country / Region : Scotland / Speyside
- Merchant : Elixir Distillers
- Line : The Single Malts Of Scotland
- Bottling :
- Strength : 53,1%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1995 Vintage
- Age : 23 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Case
- SKU : 57509
- Nose : Des notes amusantes et vibrantes de gaufrettes à la vanille, de sucre d'orge, de vin, de chocolat au lait et de bonbons à la gelée – un mix de gourmandises dans le verre.
- Palate : Toujours suave, mais avec une collection de viennoiseries et pâtisseries : beignets, biscuits à la crème de citron et gâteau renversé à l'ananas. Avec le temps, il devient plus mûr et plus boisé avec une légère pointe de poivre.
- Overall : Longue, sur des notes boisées s'estompant dans le fenouil et la liqueur. Les notes de confiseries s'attardent mais sont maintenant accompagnées d'un filet d'huile d'olive, de foin frais et d'herbes du jardin.
- The brand
The Glen Elgin distillery was founded in 1898, the year the Pattison brothers declared bankruptcy causing the ruin of numerous distilleries, and is located in Speyside. Its first years of production were marked by several periods of closure. A long time in the shadow of the Johnnie Walker blend, the Glen Elgin single malt was first officially bottled as part of the Flora & Fauna collection, before being released as a 12 year old at the beginning of the millennium. Independent bottlings of the malt are just as hard to find.
A wine merchant recently founded by the Singh brothers, the owners of The Whisky Exchange in the United Kingdom, Speciality Drinks offers three ranges of very different single malts. The first, Port Askaig, is composed of four bottlings of an Islay single malt, including an expression with no age statement and a 30 year old! The second, Elements of Islay, celebrates the different distilleries on the island, each easily identified by their initials. The third, simply dubbed Speciality Drinks, offers a wide selection of single malts from Scottish distilleries.
The lineSingle Malts of Scotland: Over the years, Speciality Drinks has been acquiring top quality casks of maturing single malt whisky. Since 2005 we have been releasing these whiskies as ‘The Single Malts of Scotland’. Each Single Malts of Scotland bottling is individually selected for its particular quality & character.
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.00