- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Glen Elgin
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength : 46%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1996 Vintage
- Age : 12 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 14070
- Appearance : jaune pâle.
- Nose : superbement malté. Il évolue sur les fruits (poire, pomme), un joli végétal (foin coupé) et sur les épices (ginseng). Sa fine amertume évoque indéniablement un single malt du Speyside. En revanche, la présence de sel peut évoquer les Highlands du Nord.
- Palate : ample, puissante. Elle se montre dans un premier temps sucrée (oscille entre le jus d'orange et l'orange confite). Elle se développe sur le cacao, la citronnelle et les épices. Notes d'arachides et de noisette.
- Overall : longue, le sel envahit le palais ainsi que des notes laiteuses (datte fraîche). Il y a de la rectitude. Il lui fait du temps pour qu'elle développe ses notes citronnées et légèrement épicées.
- The brand
The Glen Elgin distillery was founded in 1898, the year the Pattison brothers declared bankruptcy causing the ruin of numerous distilleries, and is located in Speyside. Its first years of production were marked by several periods of closure. A long time in the shadow of the Johnnie Walker blend, the Glen Elgin single malt was first officially bottled as part of the Flora & Fauna collection, before being released as a 12 year old at the beginning of the millennium. Independent bottlings of the malt are just as hard to find.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables enthusiasts to enjoy the flavour of whisky that has not undergone chill filtering. Like cognac, armagnac and other fine spirits, most whiskies today are chill filtered. The whiskies in this range have an appearance and aromatic range that is much more faithful to the original products. Richer, oilier, more aromatic and distinctive, these whiskies are from single casks or are a blend of two or three casks at the most. They offer the ultimate authentic taste experience! Find out more
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90