EXCLUSIVE VINTAGE 2004 G 12,5%
Champagne, France / Champagne-ardenne, 75cl, Ref: 2684
The Exclusive Vintage collection assembles various grand cru vintage champagnes between 8 and 30 years-old. Produced entirely from Chardonnay grapes, without the addition of the usual ‘liqueur de dosage’, this Brut Zéro is a wonderful illustration of the
- 100% Chardonnay Style: Sweet and creamy. Nose: Apricot, peaches. Notes of brioche. Palate: Light and rounded. Apples. Finish: Long and subtle. Elegant.
- Appearance : light gold with glints of green.
- Nose : sweet and creamy. Characterised by ripe stone fruit (apricots and peaches). Notes of beeswax and brioche follow, accompanied by a touch of white pepper which evolves into minerality (chalk).
- Palate : light but rounded. Very little, very well-integrated acidity, with a just a trace of tannins. Notes of apple juice are followed by ripe tropical fruit (bananas, mangos and papayas) with a return to breadcrumbs, flowers (cherry blossom) and marshmallow.
- Overall : long and subtle. An elegant acidity gives definition to notes of marshmallow and vanilla.
- The brand
Exclusive Vintage champagnes come from Avize (ten miles south of Epernay) in the Côte des Blancs, the kingdom of the Grands Crus. The terroir is composed exclusively of chalk soil. The Côte des Blancs benefits from an truly exceptional climate: protected by a hill from the cold north winds, the slopes are exposed to the south and spared from the rain that lashes down in the valley. Thanks to this exceptional climate, the vineyard is classified as a Grand Cru ‑ the highest distinction that can be awarded for champagne. The range is a collection of the most accomplished cuvées. Freshly disgorged, these cuvées retain their full vitality and finesse.
Founded in 2005 by Thierry Richard and Laurent Buob, this small retailer offers a selection of whiskies, champagnes and cognacs. Focused on drawing attention to small producers and unusual products, the different bottlings in the collection are never anything short of interesting. Whether it’s recently disgorged champagne, Grande Champagne cognac bottled without added colouring, or single grain whisky from a closed distillery, the informed amateur in search of rare and exceptional spirits will always find something to please them.
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90