All about making whisky
EDRADOUR 12 ans 1997 Port Wood Finish
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 50cl, Ref: 13029J
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Edradour
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands
- Merchant : Official Bottler
- Line : Straight From The Cask
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 50cl
- Vintage : 1997 Vintage
- Age : 12 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Wooden Gift Box
- SKU : 13029J
- Appearance : Ambre léger à reflets rosés.
- Nose : Elégant et raffiné, il dévoile de jolies notes de fruits des bois (petite fraise), de fruits (pêche) sur fond d'une délicate sensation de fraîcheur. A l'aération, il se révèle charmeur et marqué par de subtiles notes grillés.
- Palate : Vif et puissant, elle revient avec précision sur les notes du nez. Il évolue sur la céréale (orge maltée), le chocolat et le vieux cuir. Elle se développe sur des notes herbacées (foin coupé) et sur des notes finement boisées.
- Overall : Ferme et longue, elle revient sur la fraîcheur du nez avec une sensation d'anis, de fleurs capiteuses et de bruyère.
- The brand
The Edradour distillery is known most of all for the individual style of its single malt, which is exported throughout the world. Interestingly, the distillery’s owner Andrew Symington, has begun working on special finishes, each one more innovative than the last (Burgundy, Chardonnay, Châteauneuf-du-pape, Madeira, Moscatel, Port, Sassicia, Tokaji, etc.), with these new releases revolutionising the distillery’s somewhat outdated image. Under the directorship of Iain Henderson, the former director of Laphraoig, at the end of 2002 Edradour began producing a second, very peaty, single malt called Ballechin, the name of a former distillery in the region. Find out more
Since 2005, with the opening of the Kilchoman micro-distillery on the isle of Islay, Edradour is probably no longer the smallest distillery in Scotland. Tucked away on the edge of a small valley, among the hills over the town of Pitlochry, this distillery resembles a charming little village with its red shutters, landscaped garden and gently splashing stream. Purchased in 2002 by Andrew Symington, the founder of Signatory Vintage, Edradour has become more than just a tourist attraction. This distillery-farm concentrates all the operations involved in the production of whisky in a single room, from the mill to the still, which is the smallest size authorized by the British Customs and Excise department. Very traditional, Eradour receives 100,000 visitors a year, who are literally transported to the 19th century in this remarkable time capsule.
While the Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables connoisseurs to enjoy the flavour of non-chill filtered whisky, the ‘Straight from the Cask’ bottlings go even further into the unique character of aged whisky. All the whiskies in this range have been drawn from a single cask – by hand – with no chill filtering, no dilution and no colouring. It is often said that the distillery cellar is the best place to taste whisky, but not everyone can go all the way to Scotland. So this range basically serves as a means of bringing Scotland and this glorious experience to you!
We recommend to you
A great Islay classic for lovers of peaty, iodized whiskies. An unmissable malt. Old gold with glints of green; the full-bodied bouquet is...€47.00
With all the classic BenRiach characteristics, BenRiach batch 1 is the first Cask Strength expression to be added to the core range....€87.00