All about making whisky
EDRADOUR 12 ans 1997 Madeira Cask Finish
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 50cl, Ref: 14649E
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Edradour
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands
- Merchant : Official Bottler
- Line : Straight From The Cask
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 50cl
- Vintage : 1997 Vintage
- Age : 12 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Wooden Gift Box
- SKU : 14649E
- Appearance : jaune topaze à reflets légèrement cuivrés.
- Nose : doux et concentré, il est marqué par des notes pâtissières de brioche, d'amande et de beurre frais. On perçoit également des notes d'épices (cumin) et de noix qui évoluent sur le bois ciré et le miel.
- Palate : onctueuse à l'attaque, elle confirme le nez avec ses notes de raisins secs et de torréfaction (influence du madère). Douce-amère, elle évolue sur la confiture de citron doux (cédrat).
- Overall : ravivée par les tanins du chêne, elle se prolonge sur des notes sucrées de miel et de fleur d'oranger.
- The brand
The Edradour distillery is known most of all for the individual style of its single malt, which is exported throughout the world. Interestingly, the distillery’s owner Andrew Symington, has begun working on special finishes, each one more innovative than the last (Burgundy, Chardonnay, Châteauneuf-du-pape, Madeira, Moscatel, Port, Sassicia, Tokaji, etc.), with these new releases revolutionising the distillery’s somewhat outdated image. Under the directorship of Iain Henderson, the former director of Laphraoig, at the end of 2002 Edradour began producing a second, very peaty, single malt called Ballechin, the name of a former distillery in the region. Find out more
Since 2005, with the opening of the Kilchoman micro-distillery on the isle of Islay, Edradour is probably no longer the smallest distillery in Scotland. Tucked away on the edge of a small valley, among the hills over the town of Pitlochry, this distillery resembles a charming little village with its red shutters, landscaped garden and gently splashing stream. Purchased in 2002 by Andrew Symington, the founder of Signatory Vintage, Edradour has become more than just a tourist attraction. This distillery-farm concentrates all the operations involved in the production of whisky in a single room, from the mill to the still, which is the smallest size authorized by the British Customs and Excise department. Very traditional, Eradour receives 100,000 visitors a year, who are literally transported to the 19th century in this remarkable time capsule.
While the Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables connoisseurs to enjoy the flavour of non-chill filtered whisky, the ‘Straight from the Cask’ bottlings go even further into the unique character of aged whisky. All the whiskies in this range have been drawn from a single cask – by hand – with no chill filtering, no dilution and no colouring. It is often said that the distillery cellar is the best place to taste whisky, but not everyone can go all the way to Scotland. So this range basically serves as a means of bringing Scotland and this glorious experience to you!