- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Craigellachie
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength : 40%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2000 Vintage
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 15178
- Appearance : Sirop d'orgeat.
- Nose : Frais. De prime abord légèrement poivré et végétal, il devient céréalier, puis fruité (poire, pêche). Laisse apparaitre un léger boisé après quelques minutes.
- Palate : Plus gourmande, elle dévoile de petites notes de nougat et revient sur la poire. Le fenouil et la vanille complètent ce tableau plein de fraicheur.
- Overall : Végétale et herbacée, elle est courte et salée.
- The brand
Taken over by John Dewars & Sons (Bacardi) in 1998, Craigellachie has a highly exclusive following and was founded in 1891 by a very interesting character indeed: Peter Mackie. The creator of the international commercial success, the White Horse blend, Peter was one of the five Barons of the whisky industry, one of the famous “Big Five”. His uncle, from whom he would later inherit, was none other than James Logan Mackie, the owner of the Lagavulin distillery on the Isle of Islay.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables enthusiasts to enjoy the flavour of whisky that has not undergone chill filtering. Like cognac, armagnac and other fine spirits, most whiskies today are chill filtered. The whiskies in this range have an appearance and aromatic range that is much more faithful to the original products. Richer, oilier, more aromatic and distinctive, these whiskies are from single casks or are a blend of two or three casks at the most. They offer the ultimate authentic taste experience! Find out more
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90