CLYNELISH 13 ans 1995 Carafe S.V 58,2%
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 70cl, Ref: 13623F
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Clynelish
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength : 58,2%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1995 Vintage
- Age : 13 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 13623F
- Appearance : jaune dorée.
- Nose : ample, rond. Il est marqué par la réglisse, les fruits mûrs (pomme, poire) sur fond de tourbe grasse. Il évoque un vieux rhum entrecoupé de notes de fruits de la passion et de mirabelle. Beaucoup de matière, notes de noix et de noisette grillée.
- Palate : douce et enrobée. Les fruits exotiques dominent (ananas, banane, goyave). Elle évolue sur des notes de sous-bois (champignons, marron).
- Overall : belle âcreté de la fumée de tourbe (cendre froide). Elle se développe sur le tabac blond et sur des notes florales et végétales (lierre, ronce de bois). Style capiteux.
- The brand
Located in the north of the Highlands and rebuilt next to its original site in 1967, Clynelish produces a fresh and fruity malt, the majority of which is used for the Johnnie Walker blends. The former Clynelish distillery wasn’t demolished, but instead renamed Brora in 1969. It produces a powerful and heavily-peated Highland malt. It closed its doors in 1983 and its bottlings are now particularly sought-after by collectors.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90