All about making whisky
CLYNELISH 11 ans 1998
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 50cl, Ref: 15210
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Clynelish
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Straight From The Cask
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 50cl
- Vintage : 1998 Vintage
- Age : 11 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Without Case
- SKU : 15210
- Appearance : Vin blanc.
- Nose : Gourmand! Le chocolat au lait et la poire juteuse font un joli duo, accompagnés par les fruits secs.Le malt sucré et la farine de châtaignes font une apparition remarquée.
- Palate : Sur les fruits mûrs et le brou de noix, elle développe ensuite une légère amertume.Puis le miel et surtout la cire d'abeilles requise dans tout bon Clynelish se présente.L'ajout d'eau privilégie les fruits frais.
- Overall : Boisée et salée, elle laisse en toute fin un peu de place au cuir et à la cire.
- The brand
Located in the north of the Highlands and rebuilt next to its original site in 1967, Clynelish produces a fresh and fruity malt, the majority of which is used for the Johnnie Walker blends. The former Clynelish distillery wasn’t demolished, but instead renamed Brora in 1969. It produces a powerful and heavily-peated Highland malt. It closed its doors in 1983 and its bottlings are now particularly sought-after by collectors.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
While the Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables connoisseurs to enjoy the flavour of non-chill filtered whisky, the ‘Straight from the Cask’ bottlings go even further into the unique character of aged whisky. All the whiskies in this range have been drawn from a single cask – by hand – with no chill filtering, no dilution and no colouring. It is often said that the distillery cellar is the best place to taste whisky, but not everyone can go all the way to Scotland. So this range basically serves as a means of bringing Scotland and this glorious experience to you!