CLYNELISH 10 ans 2010 French Connections Elixir 55,3%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Highlands, 70cl, Ref: 58059
Created in 1967, the new Clynelish distillery was renovated between 2016 and 2017. It produces a single malt qualified as “coastal” which is held in high esteem by whisky lovers throughout the world for its waxy and salty character. Throughout the tasting, this magnificently herbaceous version reveals every imaginable shade of green and yellow. Here and there, a few less bright tones of brown and black bring lots of relief to this chromatic metaphor. With them come a particularly mouthwatering bitterness and a minerality that brings lots of energy to the palette of flavours and aromas.
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Clynelish
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands
- Merchant : Elixir Distillers
- Line : The Single Malts Of Scotland
- Bottling :
- Strength : 55,3%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2010 Vintage
- Age : 10 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Case
- SKU : 58059
- Appearance : pale gold.
- Nose : lively, powerful. The first nose is characterized by notes of green malt, salt, barley pulp, white mint and candied lemon. Increasingly vegetal (alfalfa, cut hay), once allowed to breathe it becomes considerably sweeter (coconut milk, white chocolate). Next, ripe fruits (pear, apple) release a stunning sweet and invigorating juice. It lingers with oily aromas of walnut and sunflower.
- Palate : rich yet creamy. The deeply malty (washtun) attack is also aniseed and candied (lemon). On the mid-palate, vegetal flavours brings us to the edge of a lake. A mix of fresh fruit (greengage plum, Golden Delicious apple), vanilla and aromatic plants (dill, coriander), the end of the palate is like chewing on liquorice stick. Mineral, it develops notes of charcoal and sleet.
- Overall : long, balanced. Very nuanced. The malted barley takes on chocolate, spicy (black pepper), salty, subtly liquorice and mentholated tones. A true pot pourri of aromatic plants (thyme, oregano, savory, chive), the very end of the palate is tenderly lush. On the retro-nasal olfaction, a pinch of curry fits perfectly with flavours of toasted hazelnut, almond milk and fresh walnut. The empty glass is undeniably medicinal (ointment) and naturally malty.
- The brand
Located in the north of the Highlands and rebuilt next to its original site in 1967, Clynelish produces a fresh and fruity malt, the majority of which is used for the Johnnie Walker blends. The former Clynelish distillery wasn’t demolished, but instead renamed Brora in 1969. It produces a powerful and heavily-peated Highland malt. It closed its doors in 1983 and its bottlings are now particularly sought-after by collectors.
A wine merchant recently founded by the Singh brothers, the owners of The Whisky Exchange in the United Kingdom, Speciality Drinks offers three ranges of very different single malts. The first, Port Askaig, is composed of four bottlings of an Islay single malt, including an expression with no age statement and a 30 year old! The second, Elements of Islay, celebrates the different distilleries on the island, each easily identified by their initials. The third, simply dubbed Speciality Drinks, offers a wide selection of single malts from Scottish distilleries.
The lineSingle Malts of Scotland: Over the years, Speciality Drinks has been acquiring top quality casks of maturing single malt whisky. Since 2005 we have been releasing these whiskies as ‘The Single Malts of Scotland’. Each Single Malts of Scotland bottling is individually selected for its particular quality & character.
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90
Denis C. publié le 23/11/2020 suite à une commande du 06/11/2020
Dégusté lors d'une e-masterclasse début octobre 2020 avec 4 autres whisky, c'est celui que j'ai le plus apprécié. Ce qui ma le plus marqué c'est son onctuosité. Très soyeux sur la langue. Pour les amateurs de vieillissement en fût de bourbon.