All about making whisky
CAOL ILA 2000 Very Cloudy
Single Malt, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 15597
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Caol Ila
- Country / Region : Scotland / Islay
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : The Un-chillfiltered Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2000 Vintage
- Peated : Peated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 15597
- Appearance : or paille.
- Nose : Fumé est marqué par la cendre, le charbon, le menthol et l'orge maltée. Il évolue sur la réglisse et la terre. Notes de créosote (champignons). L'iode est en toile de fond ou plutôt elle apparait de temps à autre.
- Palate : Elle reprend les notes de champignons et de sous-bois. Elle se dirige vers le goudron. La tourbe faisant intrusion par étapes successives.
- Overall : Poivrée, salée et terreuse.
- The brand
As well as reflecting its smoky, malted barley, Caol Ila is also oily and peaty, with marine and vegetable notes. Its recent official bottlings, which are particularly expressive, have an intense smoky and peaty character with a good balance of saltiness and sweetness. Superb versions of this single malt have also been released by independent bottlers Gordon MacPhail & Signatory Vintage. Caol Ila’s stills, which are large and onion-shaped, have a strong influence on this single malt and give it a fairly light and delicate character. Find out more
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables enthusiasts to enjoy the flavour of whisky that has not undergone chill filtering. Like cognac, armagnac and other fine spirits, most whiskies today are chill filtered. The whiskies in this range have an appearance and aromatic range that is much more faithful to the original products. Richer, oilier, more aromatic and distinctive, these whiskies are from single casks or are a blend of two or three casks at the most. They offer the ultimate authentic taste experience! Find out more
We recommend to you
A great Islay classic for lovers of peaty, iodized whiskies. An unmissable malt. Old gold with glints of green; the full-bodied bouquet is...€47.00