BUNNAHABHAIN STAOISHA 5 ans 2014 COLLECTIVE 4.0 61,2%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 58009
Without being an exact copy, this Bunnahabhain unquestionably follows the same path as the “20 rue d’Anjou” bottling of our 2020 Creation Catalogue. And no-one’s complaining. The same subtle combination of refreshing expression and accomplished maturity inspires just as much emotion. The same richness and complexity drives every step of the tasting. Perhaps, with time, the peat and smoke might be more intense and the medicinal character even more medicinal. But one thing is sure, yellow fruits have taken the place of red fruits.
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Bunnahabhain Staoisha / Bunnahabhain
- Country / Region : Scotland / Islay
- Merchant : La Maison Du Whisky
- Line : Collective
- Bottling :
- Strength : 61,2%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2014 Vintage
- Age : 5 Yo
- Peated : Peated
- Packaging : Case
- SKU : 58009
- Appearance : bright gold.
- Nose : rich, concentrated. Animal (farmyard, smoked meat), mineral (hail, diesel), oily (olive), peaty - of course, earthy and rooty (ginseng), the first nose is also traversed by plumes of smoke from a powerful Havana cigar. Allowed to breathe, it becomes medicinal (mustard poultice, tiger balm), iodine (tincture) and heady (violet, hyacinth). Gradually, candied lemon, juicy pear and even roasted pineapple bring lots of freshness and light to an aromatic palette indisputably centred on the colour yellow.
- Palate : dense, full. First, a fruity peat (William’s pear) creates a perfect link between the nose and palate. The particularly phenolic mid-palate is also medicinal (mustard) and spicy (clove, juniper). Then, irreversibly, liquorice stick coats the taste buds as aromatic plants (verbena, sorrel) help refresh the air.
- Overall : long, warm. Staying close to the palate, the start of the finish is malty, peaty, smoky, fruity and spicy (black pepper, star anise). Gradually, the same candied lemon, pear and pineapple return in force to the front of the stage. On the retro-nasal olfaction, a refined note of tobacco enriches the ensemble with a beautiful vegetal sequence. The original empty glass is milky (coconut, vanilla flan), vegetable (green bean) and rubbery.
- The brand
Artist, Lands of Scotland, Malt Pedigree, Tartan, The Ten, Very Cloudy... all of these whisky ranges – composed of single malts and single grains – have one thing in common: they were all created by the team at La Maison du Whisky. They are the fruits of many decades of close collaboration with some of the most prestigious bottlers in Scotland. For some years the French importer and exclusive distributor of the classic ranges of well-known spirits producers, La Maison du Whisky was soon granted the very rare privilege of being able to complement these ranges with their own, bringing together two sets of expertise, two reputations and two complementary histories under one, single label.
The lineSince the dawn of time, artist collectives have been a place of exchange, inspiration and creativity. In the same way, each of the single malts found in our Artist Collective range draws the richness of their olfactory and gustatory palettes from the marriage of various casks. Devoted to diversity, every region and every style of Scottish single malt, peated and unpeated, are represented. Within this range we also find 43%, 48%, 57.1% (100 proof) and cask-strength bottlings. To illustrate the labels of the six bottlings in our first collection, La Maison du Whisky has called on contemporary artists from very different backgrounds. Each of them brings their own very personal touch that echoes the richness of the single malts selected!
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.00