All about making whisky
BUNNAHABHAIN 31 ans 1979
Single Malt, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 13196F
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Bunnahabhain
- Country / Region : Scotland / Islay
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1979 Vintage
- Age : 31 Yo
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 13196F
- Appearance : ambre clair à reflets roux.
- Nose : riche et plein de fraîcheur. Marqué par les agrumes (orange), les fruits secs (abricot, noix) et les épices (cannelle), il s'ouvre sur des notes boisées (santal, vanille). A la dilution, il se révèle de plus en plus exotique (ananas, goyave).
- Palate : onctueuse, légèrement chocolatée (sherry), elle dévoile des notes de tourbe sèche, d'humus et de noix fraîche.
- Overall : une brise marine teintée d'iode et de varech qui se développe sur des notes plus gourmandes de chocolat et de cuir, signe d'un vieillissement abouti.
- The brand
Built in 1881 in the midst of the Scottish “whisky boom”, Bunnahabhain is located on the north-east of the Isle of Islay. The stillhouse houses two magnificent pear-shaped stills that produce a heavy spirit that generally has low levels of peat. Owned by the Burn Stewart Distillers group since May 2003, Bunnahabhain recently began releasing extremely peaty and smoky young whiskies through independent bottlers.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!