BUNNAHABHAIN 15 ans 1997 Peated 46%
Single Malt, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 14050
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Bunnahabhain
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength : 46%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1997 Vintage
- Age : 15 Yo
- Peated : Peated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 14050
- Appearance : jaune dorée à reflets verts.
- Nose : ample, riche. Fumé, il se révèle également épicé (poivre, muscade). Il évolue sur la tourbe et de fines notes végétales (gentiane) et se prolonge sur la cendre.
- Palate : pleine, onctueuse. Elle dévoile dans un premier temps des notes miellées (acacia) et fruitées (prune, pomme mûre). La tourbe et la fumée prennent progressivement possession du palais pour se prolonger sur des notes marines (iode, sel).
- Overall : longue, fraîche. Elle revient sur les épices et se prolonge sur les fruits exotiques chers à Bunnahabhain (noix de coco, passion). Notes de cendres évoquant un cigare.
- The brand
Built in 1881 in the midst of the Scottish “whisky boom”, Bunnahabhain is located on the north-east of the Isle of Islay. The stillhouse houses two magnificent pear-shaped stills that produce a heavy spirit that generally has low levels of peat. Owned by the Burn Stewart Distillers group since May 2003, Bunnahabhain recently began releasing extremely peaty and smoky young whiskies through independent bottlers.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables enthusiasts to enjoy the flavour of whisky that has not undergone chill filtering. Like cognac, armagnac and other fine spirits, most whiskies today are chill filtered. The whiskies in this range have an appearance and aromatic range that is much more faithful to the original products. Richer, oilier, more aromatic and distinctive, these whiskies are from single casks or are a blend of two or three casks at the most. They offer the ultimate authentic taste experience! Find out more
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90