All about making whisky
BUNNAHABHAIN 13 ans 1997 Peated
Single Malt, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 14292M
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Bunnahabhain
- Country / Region : Scotland / Islay
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1997 Vintage
- Age : 13 Yo
- Peated : Peated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 14292M
- Appearance : ambre soutenu.
- Nose : élégant. Notes de fumée, de cendre et de réglisse. Il évolue sur le camphre, le goudron et le macadam sur fond de notes de caramel et beurre salé.
- Palate : oscillant entre la fumée et l'iode. Elle se développe sur des notes cendrées, de bois brûlé et de camphre. Terreuse (humus), elle évoque la gentiane sans l'amertume.
- Overall : subtile, persistante, elle dévoile des notes d'orge maltée grillée sur fond de notes fumées.
- The brand
Built in 1881 in the midst of the Scottish “whisky boom”, Bunnahabhain is located on the north-east of the Isle of Islay. The stillhouse houses two magnificent pear-shaped stills that produce a heavy spirit that generally has low levels of peat. Owned by the Burn Stewart Distillers group since May 2003, Bunnahabhain recently began releasing extremely peaty and smoky young whiskies through independent bottlers.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!