BRUICHLADDICH 1990 Whisky Live Paris 2015 S.V 56,5%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 19965
Matured 24 years in refill sherry casks, this cask strength is marked by stewed fruits, liquorice and chocolate notes. Very close to the peat by its islander character and burning Havana notes.
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Bruichladdich
- Country / Region : Scotland / Islay
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Strength : 56,5%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1990 Vintage
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Gift box : Metal Tube
- SKU : 19965
- Appearance : topaz with copper glint
- Nose : thin, complex. Sherry influence, translated into rancio and roasted dry fruits (nuts, almonds and pistachios). Gradually evolving into beeswax and stewed fruits (apple, greengage). Increasingly rich and saline, it continues with incense, soot and exotic fruits (mango, guava, lychee).
- Palate : vibrant and firm. Very chocolate and licorice flavored, it’s an overpowering attack. The sherry gives thickness and smoothness. Firm, mid-palate opens to an Islander character without being pleated. The aftertaste balances between grilled malted barley, noble spices (cinnamon, cardamom) and salted butter caramel.
- Overall : long, caressing finish. Perfect balance between the nose and the palate, the final adds malted bitterness approaching nicely to the peat with burning Havana notes. The retro-olfaction is characterized by red fruits (raspberry, current) and black fruits (blackberry, blueberry).
- The brand
The desire to take on new challenges at this distillery is so high that it would take almost an entire chapter to describe all the different experimental bottlings of the Bruichladdich single malt, created under the aegis of Mark Reynier and Jim McEwan. In addition to the “classic” range of unpeated whiskies, they have released peated malts (the 3D and Port Charlotte range, followed by Octomore, the spirit with the highest phenolic content ever seen), triple-distilled malts and even quadruple-distilled malts, not to mention the different casks used for maturation, a process the “laddies” prefer to call A.C.E (Additional Cask Enhancement) rather than “finishing”. Bought in 2012 by the French group Rémy Cointreau, the distillery seems to be moving towards the production of more classic styles using only 100% Scottish barley. Find out more
Following its acquisition in 2000 by a group of investors, the Bruichladdich distillery underwent a meticulous renovation in 2001, which enabled the owners to keep almost all of the original 19th century equipment, including an open brewing tank and very elongated onion-shaped stills (the stills for the second distillation are six metres high). The resulting single malt is very mildly peaty, being characterised by its coastal origins, with a scent of sea air and salty flavours on the palate. Reserving all of its production for the single malt market, Bruichladdich is also the only distillery to age and bottle its whisky on the isle of Islay. It produces two heavily peated releases: Port Charlotte and Octomore.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€46.00