Closed in 1983, Dallas Dhu was bought by Historic Scotland in 1986, before being transformed into a museum and opened to the public in 1988. Founded in 1898, the year the Pattison brothers went bankrupt causing shock waves throughout the whisky industry, Dallas Dhu had a troubled history marked by long periods of closure. It was only at the end of the Second World War, and more specifically in the early 60s, that it actively restored production under a programme of modernisation. Though owned by United Distillers & Vintners, it didn’t manage to escape the wave of closures sweeping through the industry at the beginning of the 1980s.
Get notified when a product of this category is back in stock