BOWMORE 18 ans 2001 The Little Big Book S.V 55,4%
Single Malt Whisky, Scotland / Islay, 70cl, Ref: 56774
The single malt produced by the Bowmore distillery is composed of one third barley malted on site and two thirds barley from the English maltings Simpsons. Both varieties have a phenol count of 25 ppm. Fermentation lasts between 48 hours and 100 hours. Finally, there are 27,000 casks maturing at the distillery, some of which are in two clay warehouses (dunnages), including the famous Warehouse No.1, which is located below sea level. A subtle blend of classicism and exuberance, this complex bottling has no problem drawing from its depths the energy and vitality needed to achieve its goal of respecting the inimitable “Bowmore” style to the letter.
the rich initial nose is characterized by notes of smoked fish, sage, incense and oily peat. Allowed to breathe, it becomes exotic (pineapple, banana), vanilla, spicy (clove) and medicinal (mustard poultice). The resolute attack is hot (cayenne) before bringing out an oily and vegetal (straw) peat. The mid-palate is then exotic (pineapple) and floral (lily of the valley). There is a note of hot tarmac. The well-balanced finish is smoky, ashy, creamy and vanilla (custard tart). On the retro-nasal olfaction, the peat has become much drier, despite maintaining lots of salinity.
Single Cask no. 106 – Recask Butt
An LMDW exclusive
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt Whisky
- Brand / Distillery : Bowmore
- Country / Region : Scotland / Islay
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Strength : 55,4%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 2001 Vintage
- Age : 18 Yo
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 56774
- Appearance : vibrant golden yellow.
- Nose : rich, oily. Smoked fish, sage, green olive, incense, cumin, wet, oily peat, lemon and salt are all revealed on the almost mystical first nose. Allowed to breathe, it becomes exotic (pineapple, banana), vanilla and spicy (pepper, clove). Becoming increasingly medicinal (ointment, mustard poultice), the aromatic palette continually becomes more powerful. Peach and passion fruit appear in a grande finale.
- Palate : lively, resolute. The attack hits the palate with a first spicy and hot (cayenne) arrow. Next, an oily, vegetal (straw) and very saline peat envelops the taste buds. The mid-palate is then very natural and exotic (pineapple). Next, white florals (lilac, lily of the valley, lily) appear alongside notes of hot tarmac. A handful of aromatic plants (dill, coriander, chervil, bay leaf) fragrance the end of the palate.
- Overall : long, balanced. The delicately smoky and ashy start of the finish is also creamy and vanilla (custard tart). Continually moving back and forth, the end of the palate seeks from the heart of the palette of aromas all the ingredients that will enable it to withstand the tests of time. On the retro-nasal olfaction, although the peat is considerably drier, it has maintained its marine and salty character. Summarizing the nose and palate, the empty glass is exotic, floral, spicy, peaty, earthy and smoky.
- The brand
Bowmore, founded in 1779 in the town of the same name on the Loch Indaal coast, is the oldest distillery on the Isle of Islay. The No.1 Vaults has played a major role in building its renown, not simply because of the quality of the casks it holds, but also because of its exceptional location. It is actually located below sea level, with the seawall acting as the one of the walls of the vault. The distillery is also famous for its medium-peated bottlings and the special cask finishes that have won it huge acclaim. Still operating according to traditional methods, its barley is partially malted on site. Find out more
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90