- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Ben Nevis
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength : 56,6%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1992 Vintage
- Age : 15 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 14306A
- Appearance : Jaune or pâle.
- Nose : D'une rusticité explosive, il est marqué par des notes de sel, d'orge en cours de maltage et également par des notes plus animales (cuir, lard, bacon). Il évolue sur les agrumes confits et le pissenlit.
- Palate : Ronde, étonamment douce, elle se révèle bien vite épicée (poivre, muscade) et mentholée. Elle possède un centre bien plein, concentré qui se déploie dans plusieurs directions, la mer tout d'abord (iode, sel), la terre ensuite (tourbe, fumée). Le tout se réunissant pour devenir une pure gourmandise.
- Overall : De caractère, elle est longue. Elle dévoile au fur et à mesure son caractère fruité (poire william, mirabelle). Plutôt terrien au départ, ce Ben Nevis gagne énormément en délicatesse au fil du temps. Malt qui demande beaucoup de temps et alors le plaisir est au rendez-vous.
- The brand
Acquired by the Japanese group Nikka in 1989, the Ben Nevis distillery was, under the ownership of Joseph W.Hobbs in 1955, one of the only distilleries in Scotland to have its own traditional pot stills and a Coffey-style column still. Bought by Long John Distillers in 1981, the Coffey stills were subsequently dismantled. Although the majority of its whisky is aged in ex-sherry casks, some ex-bourbon cask bottlings have recently appeared on the independent market. It’s worth noting that the distillery was mothballed for six years at the end of the 1970s, and then again in 1984 and from 1986 to 1989.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.90