ARRAN 21 years old 1995 Single Cask - 60th Anniversary LMDW 50,4%
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands-arran, 70cl, Ref: 51735
Distilled in 1995, the year the Isle of Arran distillery was created, this version has a highly symbolic character. Meeting the challenge of ageing enthusiastically and with a carefree spirit perfectly suited to its 21 years, this malt shows great consistency from beginning to end. Particularly light, it invites us to discover flavours and aromas full of nuances that highlight the quality of an original and rigorous sherry cask maturation.
Profile: hot and spicy, the nose reveals the influence of the sherry casks in a particularly unusual style. Notes of custard and nutmeg. Dates and figs bring tremendous serenity to the palate, which becomes saline, floral and herbaceous (tea, tobacco leaves) as it breathes.
Single Cask no. 211 – Oloroso sherry
Limited edition of 330 bottles
Exclusive to LMDW
Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Arran / Isle Of Arran
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands - Arran
- Merchant : Official Bottler
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Not chill-filtered
- Strength : 50,4%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1995 Vintage
- Age : 20 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Gift box : Gift Box
- SKU : 51735
- Appearance : burnished gold with copper tinges.
- Nose : full-bodied, ethereal. Particularly spicy and hot, the initial nose invites us to take a deep breath of fresh walnuts, nutmeg, delicious custard cream, and some candied ginger. The sherry influence is extremely original, not least in its energy. Sunny, it then becomes more heady (iris, lily) and even more spicy (clove, Espelette pepper). Throughout it shows impressive concentration and firmness.
- Palate : firm, taut. Very unlike the nose, the attack is generous and complex. From dried fruit (date, fig) to vanilla notes, it shows itself to be serene, with a fresh herbaceousness (lichen, lawn). Radiant, the mid-palate shows almost perfect balance. Beautiful bitter notes appear alongside perfect salty liquorice, whilst the acidity of its exotic fruit (passion fruit, pineapple) is tempered by the sweet creaminess of the abundant and delicious apricot and Mirabelle plum jam.
- Overall : long, rich. Malted barley reigns supreme. The finish is nourished by each ingredient from the nose and palate, making its characteristic spicy, herbaceous, floral and fruity notes even easier to appreciate. The retro-nasal olfaction offers notes of infused tea and tobacco leaves. Perfectly in unison, the empty glass is liquoricey, spicy (ginger) and mentholated.
- The brand
The Isle of Arran has come a long way and their 10 year old whisky, bottled for some years now, has raised the distillery to the ranks of the great whisky producers. The particularity of Arran whisky is in its finishes, carried out in a wide variety of casks that previously contained wine (from Champagne, Margaux or Marsala) or even brandy (Cognac, calvados). The distillery is also known for producing whisky with various forgotten types of barley, as well as a series of vintage single casks, often bottled at cask strength. Produced on an island near the Scottish mainland, its style is more like Highland malt. Find out more
- Delivery and payment
DELIVERY IN MAINLAND FRANCE AND WORLWIDEFREE DELIVERYon all orders from €130 and up in France Mainlandfrom €250 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Britain, BelgiumEXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
To a collection point or to your home.METICULOUS, SECURE PACKAGINGCOLLECTORS
For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€46.00