All about making whisky
ARDMORE 9 ans 1999
Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands, 50cl, Ref: 15211
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Ardmore
- Country / Region : Scotland / Highlands
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Straight From The Cask
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength :
- Volume : 50cl
- Vintage : 1999 Vintage
- Age : 9 Yo
- Peated : Slightly Peated
- Gift box : Wooden Gift Box
- SKU : 15211
- Appearance : or pâle.
- Nose : d'approche classique, très maltée, biscuitée et gourmande (nougat, tofees). Il se développe ensuite sur la tourbe,la chicorée et les agrumes et plus précisément la bergamote. Quelques oranges et leurs zestes font leur apparition après ajout d'eau.
- Palate : Assez souple et huileuse, elle est à l'instar du nez, principalement sur des arômes de céréales, mais également de cuir et de chêne prononcés.
- Overall : Essentiellement sur l'orge et légèrement salée, elle se prolonge sur les épices douces et boisées.
- The brand
Ardmore is an ambiguous distillery. On the border between Speyside and the eastern Highlands, Ardmore was established in 1897, just one year before the Pattison brothers went bankrupt. Its whisky has a character which could be mistaken for an island whisky rather than a mainland. Interestingly, between 1817 and 1835, another distillery of the same name operated on the Isle of Islay before merging with Lagavulin. This colourful heritage extends deep into its DNA. Discovered thanks to its independent bottlings, Ardmore has, for several years, released its own 12 year old “house”.
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
While the Un-Chillfiltered Collection enables connoisseurs to enjoy the flavour of non-chill filtered whisky, the ‘Straight from the Cask’ bottlings go even further into the unique character of aged whisky. All the whiskies in this range have been drawn from a single cask – by hand – with no chill filtering, no dilution and no colouring. It is often said that the distillery cellar is the best place to taste whisky, but not everyone can go all the way to Scotland. So this range basically serves as a means of bringing Scotland and this glorious experience to you!