ABERLOUR 17 ans 1990 S.V 54,8%
Single Malt, Scotland / Speyside, 70cl, Ref: 14304E
- Type / Subtype : Whisky / Single Malt
- Brand / Distillery : Aberlour
- Country / Region : Scotland
- Merchant : Signatory Vintage
- Line : Cask Strength Collection
- Bottling :
- Dilution : Cask strength
- Strength : 54,8%
- Volume : 70cl
- Vintage : 1990 Vintage
- Age : 17 Yo
- Peated : Unpeated
- Packaging : Metal Tube
- SKU : 14304E
- Appearance : jaune pâle à reflets verts.
- Nose : fin, racé. Aérien avec ses notes délicatement herbacées et citronnées. Elle évolue sur le miel d'acacia et sur les fruits confits. Superbe boisé/vanillé. Fraîcheur mentholée.
- Palate : onctueuse, complexe. Elle dévoile avec gourmandise une belle céréale. Elle transcende le nez avec ses notes de tabac et de fleurs capiteuses (rose, gardénia).
- Overall : capiteuse, chaleureuse. Elle caresse littéralement le palais. Son grain évoque un sable très fin. Grande longueur qui évolue sans cesse, herbe, framboise, chêne, épices douces notamment.
- The brand
The charm of Aberlour is summed up in the magic of its setting, chosen long before distilleries were legal and probably going back to when only monks knew the secrets of distilling; in other words, to where Scotch whisky originated. Indeed, those long before us meticulously set up their stills here in order to take advantage of the spring water, filtered through the granite mass of Ben Rinnes. They then made the large Aberlour stills to capture the richest vapours of the distillate. It is also the heart of Speyside, where the rivers Spey and Lour converge; more than 1,400 years of rich history, illustrated beautifully by the mysterious stones of Fairy Hill. Find out more
Although the independent bottler Signatory Vintage cannot claim to be one of the oldest in Scotland, it has managed to build up an extremely solid reputation amongst the great malt connoisseurs. The creator of the famous range The Prestonfield and many other well-known ranges, it is best known for its un-chillfiltered and cask strength bottlings that offer amateurs the chance to enjoy their whisky in its most natural form. It was also one of the first independent bottlers to acquire a distillery and now offers a growing number of expressions of one of the most artisan single malts available.
The Cask Strength Collection of single malt and single grain whiskies is without doubt one of the most appreciated ranges. Each release is bottled undiluted, unchillfiltered and usually consists of a single cask. To help the consumer appreciate their whisky at more than a purely aromatic and gustatory level, Signatory Vintage takes care to display on each label, with great precision, the region of production, the date of distillation and bottling, the type of cask used, its number and the number of bottles of the same nectar that were produced. This range thus offers some fascinating facts, in addition to exceptional quality!
We recommend to you
Laphroaig 10 year old is undoubtedly one of the all time great malt whiskies from Scotland. Its idiosyncratic peaty character stands out...€45.00