All about making whisky
Founded in 1829 in the town of Tullamore, located between Dublin and Galway, the Tullamore distillery quickly rose to success under the aegis of its director D.E. Williams. His initials were affixed to the name of the distillery, which was to become one of the most famous Irish blends in the world, Tullamore Dew. In 1954 the distillery closed its doors, but the brand was bought by the Powers distillery who, in 1975 became a member of the Irish Distillers group. In July 2010, Tullamore Dew joined the Scottish family-run company William Grant & Sons, who are also the owners of the Glenfiddich and Balvenie distilleries.