JURA 16 YEAR OLD Diurachs 40%

Single Malt, Scotland / Highlands-Jura 20cl Ref: 18563

The name of this 16 year old whisky says it all. It is the favourite dram of Jura inhabitants - the Diurachs - who see their strong personality reflected in this whisky that remains full of character up to the last drop. The Diurach emblem appears on the bottle as a nod to the heritage of the passionate and proud islanders at the roots of this whisky.

This dram demands patience. The maturation is divided into two parts: 16 years in white American oak casks for 90% of the spirit and 16 years in oloroso sherry casks for the remaining 10%. It is evocative of Christmas throughout the year, with notes of dark chocolate, orange and honey. It has been enriched by thousands of different flavours to explore thanks to its 16 year journey.

Read more

In stock

Add to my favorite
  • Free delivery

    to € 120

  • Fast shipping

    From 2 to 5 days

  • Secure Paiement

    Credit Card, bank transfer, Paypal,...
- for € 120 in France
- for € 200 in Germany,
Netherlands and Luxembourg
SSL Secure Paiement

Sourcing actor, importer and exclusive distributor of a portfolio of international brands, La Maison du Whisky is, since 60 years a reference for whisky and spirit lovers. Thanks to our close relationships with producers and independent bottlers, we have access to limited editions and unique products we bring to market exclusively. Curious and creative, we are driven by our passion for products and our desire to constantly bring our clients the latest expressions through our own shops, our website whisky.fr and selected wine retail shops in France.


Product details


Silver Medal, International Spirits Challenge 2015
Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Challenge 2015
Gold Medal, Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Challenge 2015
Gold medal, Beverage Testing Institute 2012
Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2013
Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2012
Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2011
Silver Medal, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2010

Tasting note

  • Appearance : gold with glints of copper.
  • Nose : with great finesse. Rich and delicate, it is first marked by honey and cereal, before evolving into fruity, spicy and savoury (ginger) notes.
  • Palate : tangy. On the palate, citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit) become more present. Vegetal and almost floral notes bring great softness, reinforced by the return of the honey.
  • Overall : very sweet, the finish allows notes of walnut, aniseed and coffee to break through. It lingers with precise notes of marzipan.
The brand

The brand

Linked only to Islay by a mini-ferry, the distillery is probably one of the most isolated in Scotland. It’s therefore no surprise that its single malt is so easily identifiable, its isolation giving it its own character marked by heart-warming and exotic sensations. Only very lightly peated, Jura has a freshness of mentholated pear that goes hand-in-hand with its malty and salty notes in its 10 and 16 year old expressions. To compete with its neighbour Islay, Jura also began producing a very peaty single malt: Superstition. Find out more

Delivery and payment


on all orders from €120 and up in France Mainland
from €200 and up in Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg

To your home, a collection point or "espace cityssimo".

logo collectorsCOLLECTORS

For rare bottles,
only DHL offers sufficient guarantees for fast and easy delivery. Delivery Terms and Shipping Charges

Conditions of dispatch and delivery



Paypal, Paybox


Bank Transfer

tel : +331 80 36 90 10
Monday-Friday from 8am to 8pm
Saturday – from 9am to 8pm
See all payment methods
Back to top
Customer Review
Give your review

Clients review

Review on JURA 16 YEAR OLD Diurachs

No comment for this product.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

Please wait...

Product added to your shopping cart !
{{var product.name}}
Recommandations for you
Continue shopping
View cart & checkout